Friday, September 23, 2011

My First Blog Post!

Hello and welcome to my blog! This is a new venture for me, and I'm excited to share my writing and my passion for figure skating with you. I recently completed a young adult crossover novel titled LIFE ON THE EDGE and have submitted it to a publisher. Currently waiting for a response and trying to be productive in the meantime!

LIFE ON THE EDGE is very special to me because it's my first completed manuscript, and I think the story can appeal to a wide audience. It's a sweet romance, starring 19-year old pairs skater Emily and her 25-year old coach Sergei. The story follows Emily's journey as she embarks on a relationship with Sergei while preparing for the 2002 Olympics. A number of obstacles present themselves, and Emily must rise above them to keep her dreams of Olympic gold alive. If the publisher accepts the manuscript for publication, I'll provide a few teaser snippets from the book on this blog!

As I've mentioned, I am a very passionate fan of figure skating, and I've included some skating-related items here. On the "Figure Skating Photography" page, you'll be able to find photos I take at competitions, and the "Favorite Skating Moments" includes videos of some of the performances I will never forget. Please feel free to add comments and let me know if you're a fellow fan of the sport!

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. WOOT! Welcome to the blogging world!

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse (Momzilla at CC!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First post, and first novel. Both big steps! Welcome to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Jennifer! I love LOTE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Glad to have visitors! :)

    ReplyDelete