Monday, November 19, 2012

Music Monday

It's a happy Monday because it's a short work week! To celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday, I'm listening to a couple of bands for whom I'm very thankful. The first is Muse. I didn't discover their music until Sinead and John Kerr skated to "Ruled by Secrecy" in the 2008-2009 season. I loved that song and then soon found another favorite, "I Belong To You (Mon Coeur S'ouvre A Ta Voix)." This song had a couple of special uses - it was on the Twilight Saga: New Moon soundtrack, and it was also used by Lynn Kriengkrairut and Logan Giulietti-Schmitt for their free dance in the 2010-2011 season. Lynn and Logan are two of my favorite skaters - not just because they're awesome performers but because they're two of the nicest people around. For this Music Monday, you'll get a video with Lynn and Logan's performance of Muse's hit at 2010 Skate America!

"I Belong To You (Mon Coeur S'ouvre A Ta Voix)" by Muse

The second band for whom I'm thankful is Kings of Leon. Their song "Use Somebody" was played quite a bit on the radio, and I've become a big fan of their music since that song debuted. My beloved ice dance team of Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto skated to "Use Somebody" a few years ago for a show program, and it's one of my favorite programs they've ever done. I miss Tanith and Ben :( Here's their performance from the Shall We Dance show:

"Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon (with an acoustic version by Tyler Hilton)

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment