Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year... New Story!

Happy New Year! With a new year comes a new story and new characters to explore, and I thought I'd give you a very early peek at the first companion novel to the EDGE series. In this one, Courtney will be telling her story. It doesn't have a title yet - I'm hoping I can find inspiration in Boston next week! Here's a quick look:

****

Quinn kept us entertained with her ramblings as we ate, and afterward everyone scattered around the yard again. I plopped down on the patio swing, and Liza joined me with two of Em’s homemade fruit popsicles.
“Grapefruit or pomegranate?” she asked.
I chose pomegranate and took a bite of the cold sweetness. The slushiness stung my tongue.
“Josh has definitely raised the cuteness level at the rink,” Liza said, her gaze trained on him.
He stood beside Sergei on the grass, his hands in his pockets. His eyes were doing that crinkling thing again as he laughed. He was indeed very cute. And very fit. I didn’t like when guys were too beefy, and he had just the right amount of muscle filling out his T-shirt. But gay or straight, he was the competition, and eye candy was all he could be.

5 comments:

  1. So excited for Courtney's story, and to see all the character's again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessie! It's fun still having them around. I wasn't ready to say goodbye yet! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, this will be lovely, I'm glad you're not leaving this world yet, just looking at it from a different angle. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex! Yep, and one day Liza might be getting her own story, too ;)

      Delete
  3. Hi just finished reading your Edge series in 2 days! So gooood! This looks good too but I'm not going to lie wish we could have more Sergei and Emily :)

    ReplyDelete